Monday, May 2, 2016

Editorial Report 15A

In this blog post I will give short snippets of my editorial process.

Edits


1. How did the content change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?
I altered my paragraph on procrastination to include a little bit more detail, but also allow my personality and voice to shine through. I thought that I should establish some credibility with my audience by revealing some personal information. I thought that the content is communicated more effectively by helping my audience better understand my procrastination tendencies.
2. How did the form change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?
The form changed in the re-edited version in the sense that my paragraph was longer due to the addition of extra details. Since my genre is a standard college essay there really isn't much change when it comes to the form.

 Rough Cut:
My time management skills were definitely put to the test this semester.I am definitely guilty of procrastination and as a result balancing the blog posts, the actual production of the project, as well as other assignments and tests was a real challenge for me. I really struggled with completing my assignments in advance since I wait to do everything until the very last possible second. I may just crave the pressure or I am just lazy, but regardless I should procrastinate less and plan more.
Re-Edited Version:
My time management skills were definitely put to the test this semester. I am definitely guilty of procrastination, however, my procrastination tendencies don’t just apply to school. I delay almost everything. From completing my homework to doing my laundry to even returning my grandmother’s call, I procrastinate way too much.  As a result balancing blog posts, the actual production of the project, as well as other assignments and tests was a real challenge for me. I may just crave the pressure or I am just lazy, but regardless I should procrastinate less and plan more.  



 

1 comment:

  1. I think your sense of humor and my sense of humor should go on a date! I really enjoyed your musings at the end of the paragraph. I think you could provide an example of an academic project that you procrastinated on as well as the procrastination in your personal life. I think it would provide more context for your growth this semester.

    ReplyDelete