Monday, May 2, 2016

Editorial Report 15B

In this blog post I will explain the changes that I made to my conclusion in order to strengthen and tie up my essay. 

Edit & Revise 

1. How did the content change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?
The content changed in the re-edited version in the sense that I strengthened my concluding points. I thought that my conclusion was weak and just thrown together, therefore, I slept on it and came back and just added a couple of sentences. I think that the content is now more clear. Before it was just a jumble of ideas thrown together, but now I have smoothly connected all of my ideas.
2. How did the form change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?
I wouldn't say that the form changed all that much. My re-edit version is a little bit longer and my sentences now have a nice flow to them, but it isn't that noticeable. I think that form is more important in video essays and podcasts. 
Rough Cut:

This past semester has allowed me to not only improve my writing process but it also gave me the opportunity to define my writing process. The blog posts provided me with a set in stone and step-by-step description of my writing process. I was able to visually see how my project changed over the course of the month. This class also helped me improve my time management skills by forcing me to plan in advance in order to avoid drowning in countless hours of work. I was also able to create an editing and revision process by learning the specific expectations that go along with revisions. Finally, my ability to learn new technology has successfully prepared me to take whatever is thrown at me. All in all English 109H has successfully improved my writing process

Re-Edited Version:


This past semester has allowed me to not only improve my writing process but it also has given me the opportunity to define my writing process. In the past my writing process consisted of little research, sloppy production, and no absolutely no revision. However, this semester the blog posts provided me with a visual step-by-step description of a new and improved writing process. I was able to work on a variety of my writing skills, but particularly I find that I most improved categories are time management, editing and revision, and learning new technologies. I was able to improve my time management skills by forcing me to plan in advance in order to avoid drowning in countless hours of work. I was also able to create an editing and revision process by learning the specific expectations that go along with revisions. Finally, my ability to learn new technology has successfully prepared me to take whatever is thrown at me. All in all English 109H has been a whirlwind of ups and downs, but in the end I have successfully improved my writing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment