Sunday, March 27, 2016

Editorial Report 9b

In this blog post I will once again display my editorial process. I have included two snippets: one selection from the rough cut and another re-edited version. 



1. How did the content change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?
In the re-edited version I added some sentences in order to make it more conclusive and bring the entire piece together. In the rough cut selection my information was all over the place, but simply adding a couple of conclusive sentences I was able to hone in my information and form a much more conclusive ending to my podcast. 
2. How did the form change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?
In the re-edited version I added some music to end off the podcast. I just think by adding that one simple genre convention it helps to convey the form (podcast) in a more effective manner. Before it was just a quick goodbye and then the podcast ended, however, now I am more engaged with my audience and hopefully my audience is more engaged with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment