Sunday, March 27, 2016

Reflection of Post-Production

In this blog post I will explore all of the ups, downs, failures, and successes that occurred throughout the post-production week. 

What Went Down This Week... 

1. What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.
During this week's process work I think that my main success was with the final production of my podcast. I was able to make some really great form changes to my podcast in an effort to really bring it all together. I also found that getting my grade back from the first project was very helpful because I was better able to see the type of work that is expected/wanted. I lost points on the form portion of my project so now I can take that criticism and carry it over to my podcast so that I won't make that mistake again. 
2. What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence. 
I think that my biggest challenge during this post-production week was getting back into the swing of things. I had to come back from spring break and really get back into school mode. I also had to work on my time management. I had a biology test on Friday so that took up most of my week's extra time so I didn't get to spend as much time as I would've liked editing my work. I was also really frustrated with garageband. Making a podcast is a pain and it takes hours. I don't understand how people have the time to make one of these everyday or even just once a week. 
3. How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week? 
This is the final week of this project. I will be turning in a final draft of my project and then we jump straight into the next project. I think that after this entire experience I am more comfortable or I have more confidence in my abilities to learn how to use technology and create a piece. However, that confidence may all change when I get my grade back, but who knows.  
4. How are you feeling about the project overall at this point? 
At this point I am super stoked that this project is almost over. I now know that I am not a huge fan of podcasts, and I can't wait to be done with this. In terms of the actual project I feel a little bit hesitant towards my final draft, but only because I worry that the content isn't correct. I mean the guidelines were pretty vague, but I am not sure if that means we are supposed to interpret it how we like or if you still have a very specific idea in mind. Regardless, I am happy I am almost done.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment