Sunday, March 6, 2016

Reflection on Pre-Production

In this blog post, I will reflect on the production of my project so far. 

1. What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.
During this week's process work, I found that I had the most success with the content outline. I found it to be helpful in organizing my thoughts and the information that I obtained from my interviews. It also helped me to prepare for the upcoming production week in the sense that I have a general outline of how I am going to do things. The schedule also helped me to manage my time. However, it stressed me out to see all that I have to do just for one class in a table.   

2. What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.
I would say that the main challenge during this week's process work was time management. I had tons of midterms this week, and as a result it was hard to find the time to complete these blog posts after I had already done the other six. It has also just been an overall challenge in creating my podcast. I am not 100% sure if what I am doing in my podcast is what I am actually supposed to be discussing/producing.

3. How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week? 
Based off my experiences this week, I am way stressed from this upcoming week. I feel like I have a lot to do, and very little time to complete it. I am really anxious about creating this podcast, but I guess we live and we learn. I am mostly concerned about the technology that I will need to master in order to create this podcast. I haven't used garageband since computer class in the 7th grade so I am really banking on the fact that (1) I remember how to use it and (2) nothing has changed.

4. How are you feeling about the project overall at this point? 
I am not a total fan of this project mainly because I still don't understand the point of it. I am to analyze how professionals in my field create/author texts, but I don't understand what the content of the project is supposed to be. Therefore, it has made it difficult in creating my podcast. I am worried that I will be graded harshly for not providing adequate content or the form of my podcast. I have never made a podcast before and so whatever I put out there (good or bad) will be an accomplishment for me. I just hope that I won't be docked points for not having the best podcast ever because let me tell you I don't think that I will be making one anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment