Sunday, February 21, 2016

Brutally Honest Self-Assessment

It is over. Project #1 has been signed, sealed, and delivered. Now it is time to be brutally honest.

Self-Assessment 

1. How are you feeling about the project you just submitted for assessment? Give me your raw, unvarnished opinion of your own project overall. 

I am proud of my final project. I worked really hard, and I think that my final project reflects that work. I spent weeks, days, and countless hours working on this project. I shed a few tears, punched a couple of walls, and gave it my best. 

Hurley, Andrew "Start and Finish Line of the 'Inishowen 100' Scenic Drive"
09-25-11 via Flickr Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic
2. What are the major weaknesses of the project you submitted? Explain carefully how and why you consider these elements to be weak or under-developed.

I would say that my genre convention is slightly weak because I couldn't find appropriate and citable pictures. This problem caused my project to appear bland or boring because I couldn't include a picture of my main characters. 

3. What are the major strengths of the project you submitted? Explain carefully how and why you consider these elements to be strong or well-developed.

I would say that the main strength of my project lies in the research. I heavily researched my topic and relayed the facts to the audience in an unbiased manner. Overall, I think my project is well organized and clear.

4. What do you think of how you practiced time management for Project 1? Did you put enough time and effort into the project? Did you procrastinate and wait till the last minute to work on things? Share any major time management triumphs or fails.... 

As for time management I could've managed my time a little bit better. I definitely put in the effort for the project, but all of that effort shouldn't be all in one day. I procrastinated on the actual production of my project. I spent all of Super Bowl Sunday producing my first draft, and that sucked. However, I got really positive feedback from my peers. 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment