Sunday, February 28, 2016

My Interviewees on Social Media

I cyberstalked my interviewees and this is what I found:

Interviewee #1: Eli Chapman

Zupancic, Zach "linkedin-logo" 2-17-11 via Flickr
Creative Commons Attribution NoDervis 2.0 Generic
I tried finding Dr. Chapman on social media, but I was unsuccessful. Chapman is a very common last name, and so it was difficult/impossible to locate him. However, I did find his LinkedIn profile.

I would say that Dr. Chapman's social media presence is pretty lackluster. I couldn't find him on any of the major sites such as Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. However, based on his LinkedIn profile I was able to learn about his past prior to becoming a faculty member at the University of Arizona. I was able to learn about his the different labs that he worked in throughout his schooling, and I was also able to learn that he worked for the military. 

I would say that Dr. Chapman's presence on social media (LinkedIn) versus his publications are different in terms of professionalism. In his LinkedIn profile he states his qualifications in a brief, organized, and condensed form. In his journal publication he is relaying scientific information in a very specific and structured form. Specifically he wrote about the molecular chaperone GroEL.


Interviewee #2: Marion Slack

I was able to find Dr. Slack on Facebook and LinkedIn. Her Facebook profile was very minimal in the sense that it only contained a photo of her two dogs (one black and one white giant poodle). On the other hand, her LinkedIn profile had information about her past jobs as well as her skills. 

Simon "Facebook Logo" 1-29-13 via Pixabay
CC0 Public Domain
Through her Facebook profile I learned that she has two dogs, and through her LinkedIn profile I learned that she attended the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities and that she is currently heavily involved in research. 

Her Facebook profile is much more laid-back and personal. It gave me a glimpse into her personal life rather than just her professional life. In her LinkedIn profile she gave details about her skills such as avid researcher or lecturer while in her journal publication she was very scientific. In the publication she wrote about coronary artery fistula (CAF).










No comments:

Post a Comment