Sunday, February 21, 2016

Local Revision: Pronoun Usage

What is the deal with my pronoun usage? Let's find out!

"Grammar Magnifier" 07-15-14 via Pixabay C
C0 Public Domain 
1. Based on your analysis, how effective is your pronoun usage in Project 1? What does actively examining your pronoun usage tell you about your writing style?

I think that my pronoun usage in project 1 is effective. I used pronouns when it was appropriate to and I don't think I went overboard. I mainly used pronouns when referencing Jahi. Otherwise I would be saying "Jahi" every other word. My pronoun usage allows me to examine how clear or confusing my work is. Based on this analysis I've concluded that I keep it clear when differentiating "who said what".

2. Are there any instances in your project where you speak to or refer directly to the audience? If so, how effective are these moments at creating a bond or connection between audience and author? If not, why not? Explain why you're choosing to leave your audience out of your writing. There's nothing wrong with that, per se, but you should be able to give a sophisticated explanation of your choices.

No I never spoke directly to the audience. I think that creating a bond or connection between the audience and the author is important in some pieces, but I felt that it was unnecessary in my project. I thought that addressing my audience gave bias to my piece, and the purpose of this project was to present a controversial topic in an unbiased manner. If I directly spoke to my audience it would be giving my own insight or opinion, and I would rather that my audience form their own opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment