Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Peer Review #1

"Finger, Gesture, Good Job, Great, Black Hand"
7-19-13 via Pixabay CC0 Public Domain
Now that the first draft of Project #1 is over with it is time to revise!  To start the revision process I looked over Bianca's QRG about medical residents in Seattle that are fighting for increased pay rates. I've attached the link to the rubric that I used to grade.


After reviewing Bianca's QRG I am more confident in the "form" of my project. I was a little apprehensive about my QRG (since I've never done one) and so it was helpful to see that we formatted it in a similar manner. In terms of content it was just helpful grading my classmate's project because I was able to better understand how my own project will be graded. 

One thing I noted about Bianca's project was that she needed to include more information regarding the "when" of the controversy. I didn't realize that we needed to include information on what was going on globally. I would like to avoid that in my own project so I've got to add that. In addition, I thought that she could also maybe add a couple more visuals to keep the audience engaged so that it isn't so much text on the eyes.

I really liked the amount of links that Bianca included in her draft. I only linked to a couple of articles, but it was much more beneficial having an array of information to be linked to in order to clarify or learn more. I also liked the specific examples that she included. It really brought the issue to reality in the sense that the audience got to see real people that are being affected. 

Overall I really enjoyed Bianca's QRG and I found it helpful to peer review my classmate's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment