Sunday, February 28, 2016

From Academia to Social Media

From the Journal of American Pharmacists Association I chose Anushka Burde to cyberstalk. 

Zupancic, Zach "linkedin-logo" 2-17-11 via Flickr
Creative Commons Attribution NoDervis 2.0 Generic

-Anushka Burde-

I was able to find Dr. Burde's LinkedIn profile. Otherwise her social media presence is pretty obsolete. I may have found her on Pinterest, however, the photo is too small to tell if it is her or not. Her LinkedIn profile contains more up to date information regarding her schooling as well as any jobs/skills she may have.

I learned that she attended Idaho State University from 2007-2015, and that she knows three languages. I also was able to see the different positions she has held as lab assistants over the years.

In comparison to her persona in the pages of the academic journal in comparison to the LinkedIn profile I would say that her LinkedIn profile was more about her while the journal was more about the information she was presenting. For example, in her LinkedIn profile it says that she was in a sorority, but in the journal I can't even tell which part of the journal that she wrote.


No comments:

Post a Comment