Sunday, April 17, 2016

Editorial Report 12a

In this blog post I will include a short section of my video as well as a snippet of the re-edited version in order to compare the two and visual my editorial process. 

Editorial Process 


1. How did the content change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?


In my re-edited version I decided to change the opening so that I included more of a personal experience in order to gain credibility with my audience. In the Rough Cut version I just simply opened with a description of Killer Whales. I think that the re-edited version better communicates my point more effectively because I was able to establish a connection with my audience.
2. How did the form change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?
I think that the form in the re-edited version just flows a lot better than in the original cut. It is a lot more organized and there is a natural flow or transition. This form change helps to present the content more effectively in the sense that my audience has a clear transition between my introduction and the beginning of the body.

Rough Cut

Re-Edited Version 

No comments:

Post a Comment