Sunday, April 17, 2016

Peer Review for Missy

In this blog post I am offering Missy a form recommendation to her essay about the recent controversy over 'black' Hermione in the popular series, Harry Potter. 

...Review... 

I chose to offer a form recommendation to Missy's rough draft. She has already created the project so it only made sense for me to offer her some advice regarding her current draft in order to be the most helpful. 

I offered Missy a title idea for her essay. She had the information and main conventions down, but she specifically asked for help with a clever title. I offered her a title, but it was just a shot in the dark. I told her that I hope it sparks some of her own creativity. 

I just worked with Missy's genre conventions. In class we went over the basic genre conventions for each well genre. I had them written down, and referenced them when I was reviewing her essay. 

I really admired Missy's organization. Her information was flowed really well, and her arguments were well supported. The standard english essay is my last genre to use and so it was helpful to see how Missy utilized the genre conventions so that I can learn from her for my next project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment